7 Proven Tips to Health & Wellness
Are you tired of stiff, achy joints? Do you notice you struggle to keep your energy up and see it’s challenging to stay active? If you’re ready to do what’s necessary to take the best possible care of yourself, finally, our physical therapists and functional medicine practitioners at New You Health and Wellness can help!
Too often, we put off taking proper care of ourselves because weeding through all the information about health and wellness can seem overwhelming. Every week, a new diet or way of working out is promoted as the best way to get healthy. But a year later, you discover it wasn’t actually good for you and may have created new problems.
The good news is that our therapists and functional medicine practitioners at New You Health and Wellness can help. At New You Health and Wellness in Wauwatosa, WI, our practitioners go beyond the modern healthcare system and fad diets that are a quick fix but low on long-term results, and instead our focus is your long-term health and well-being.
Contact us today to request an appointment with one of our specialists, and let us help guide you to health and wellness!
What exactly is wellness?
Wellness is defined as practicing daily healthy habits to attain better physical and mental health and well-being. Some like to say, “instead of just surviving, you’re thriving.”
Physical therapists are particularly well suited to guide people to health and wellness. A significant portion of our treatments at New You Health and Wellness are dedicated to helping promote, maintain, or restore health. Part of our education is learning the interconnectedness of the body’s systems and ways to adapt to your environment.
At New You Health and Wellness, we stay up-to-date on the most advanced research to ensure we emphasize what works and can help educate you about the pros and cons of the most recent fads that have hit the market.
We also understand that sometimes a few quick tips can improve a person’s overall levels of wellness!
7 Effective tips for wellness
Here are seven tips you can start implementing today to help you find and keep your health and wellness:
- Resolve your aches and pains sooner than later: Not everyone knows that one of the most common causes of an injury is a previous injury in the last 12 months. Resolving your aches and pains helps you feel better and reduces the risk of a future problem. If you want to feel your absolute best, start by having any nagging aches and pains assessed at New You Health and Wellness today!
- Limit your sitting: Sitting for extended periods and a sedentary lifestyle is linked to multiple health issues, including back and neck pain, heart disease, and some forms of cancer.
- Get outside in nature: Recent research has shown that getting out in nature, whether walking through a local park or sitting on a bench surrounded by trees, profoundly affects your overall health and well-being. Getting outside can boost your mood and help you thrive!
- Eating nutritious foods and staying hydrated helps all aspects of your well-being: At New You Health and Wellness, your eating plan will be designed for your personal needs and is based on what current research recommends for health and well-being
- Exercise regularly: Walking daily is associated with health and wellness. Recent research has consistently shown that performing strength training helps reduce pain, improve joint function, and reduce the risk of falling. Our therapists are skilled at finding restrictions and weaknesses affecting your function and guiding you through safe, highly effective exercises you can do to feel at your best!
- Prioritize sleep: With all the technology we have today, it can be hard to sleep on time. Too often, we stay up too late watching our favorite shows or scrolling through our phones or tablets.
- Breathing helps mental, physical, and spiritual well-being: Have you ever had someone tell you to breathe when you’re upset or stressed out? Taking a deep breath and closing your eyes while you do it can do wonders for your mental and physical health. Work on taking a deep breath through your nose to increase your oxygen intake and stimulate your parasympathetic nervous system (which calms the body). Practicing meditation, mindfulness, or taking deep breaths can help your mood, stress, and overall wellness.
Request an appointment today so you can get back to feeling your best
The better you feel about your health, the more you can enjoy the life you live. Contact New You Health and Wellness today for more wellness tips and to schedule your physical therapy appointment.
We’re here to get you on your way to feeling your best!