Are you experiencing pain or a burning sensation while urinating? Do you have difficulty urinating at all? If so, it’s possible that you have prostatitis.
New You Health and Wellness can help you feel better so that you can return to the lifestyle you love, uninhibited by pain and irritation. Our staff is committed to assisting you at every stage of your recovery. We offer a welcoming environment in which you can achieve your goals through a personalized holistic program!
Are you ready to overcome your irritating symptoms? Contact New You Health and Wellness in Wauwatosa, WI today to get started on your personalized treatment program.
What is prostatitis?
Prostatitis is an inflammation-related disorder of the prostate gland. Prostatitis frequently causes painful or difficult urination, as well as groin, pelvic, or genital pain. Some cases of prostatitis are caused by bacterial infections, but not all.
According to Mayo Clinic, there are four types of prostatitis:
- Acute bacterial prostatitis is a bacterial infection of the prostate that typically manifests with sudden and severe symptoms.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis is an ongoing or recurring bacterial infection that usually has milder symptoms.
- Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome is characterized by ongoing or recurring pelvic pain and urinary tract symptoms with no evidence of infection.
- Asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis is the presence of an inflamed prostate without any symptoms.
Prostatitis signs and symptoms differ depending on the type of disorder. Symptoms can include:
- Frequent urination, particularly at night
- Urgent need to urinate
- Pain or burning sensation when urinating (dysuria)
- Difficulty urinating, such as dribbling or hesitant urination
- Pain or discomfort of the penis
- Painful ejaculation
- Blood in urine
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, don’t hesitate to contact your doctor. They may likely recommend that physical therapy be included in your treatment plan.
How can New You Health and Wellness help?
Prostatitis can be caused by a bacterial infection, which can be treated with antibiotics. However, if you are diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, you will need more assistance than medication can provide.
Pelvic pain in men can be addressed and possibly resolved through pelvic floor rehabilitation and functional medicine at our Wauwatosa, WI therapy practice. Our physical therapists and functional medicine pracititioners are trained to treat all patients, regardless of their condition.
Your pelvic floor physical therapy visits may include a variety of therapy techniques such as:
- Myofascial release therapy
- Massage therapy
- Relaxation exercises
- Softwave Therapy
Are you ready to reclaim control of your health? Contact New You Health and Wellness in Wauwatosa, WI today to get started on your personalized treatment plan.
Your Next Steps…
Request An Appointment
Receive A Custom Treatment Plan
Work Hard and Progress In Your Recovery
Recover & Enjoy Life Pain-Free!