SoftWave Tissue Regeneration Technologies (TRT)TM “uses patented technology to reach an injured area at the cellular level to successfully turn on the body’s natural healing process.” We utilize Softwave in a multidisciplinary approach that addresses joint and muscle pain, pelvic and sexual health issues, as well as wound care. Softwave provides fast pain relief. Shockwave therapy with SoftWave TRT TM is an ideal therapy to speed up recovery and address various indications causing acute or chronic pain. Contact New You Health and Wellness in Wauwatosa, WI today to find out more about our specialized SoftWave TRTTM device can aid you in your recovery process.
How does shockwave therapy work?
The SoftWave patented unfocused applicator design makes it possible to use energy to to treat a large area of both superficial and deep tissue soliciting a biological response to the target area without causing microtrauma. It has a mild focused biological effect as well.
The shockwaves generated from our electrohydraulic Softwave device interact with tissue is cleared by the FDA to address pain, increase blood flow and activate connective tissue which results in accelerated healing at a deeper level than any other shockwave device.
- New Blood Vessel Formation – Nutrient blood flow is necessary to start and maintain the repair processes of damaged tissue. The application of acoustic waves creates capillary permeability in tendon and bone increasing the nutrition and resultant healing effects in the area treated.
- Reversal of Chronic Inflammation – Antiinflammatory cells are one of the key components of the inflammatory process allowing tissues to begin to heal after they have been inflamed. Their activity may be increased by using pervasive acoustic waves.
- Stimulation of Collagen Production – The production of a sufficient amount of collagen is a necessary precondition for the repair processes of the damaged muscle and ligamentous structures. Shockwave therapy accelerates procollagen synthesis.
- Dissolution of Calcified Fibroblasts – Calcium build-up is most often the result of micro-tears or other trauma to a tendon. Acoustic waves can break up the existing calcifications.
- Reduction of Substance P. Substance P is a neurotransmitter that mediates pain. This neuropeptide is generally associated with intense, persistent and chronic pain. Shockwave has been shown in several studies to reduce the amount of Substance P therefore potentially contributing to it’s pain relieving effect.
- Release of Trigger Points – Trigger points are the principal cause of pain in the back, neck, shoulder and limbs. Delivered acoustic energy unblocks the calcium pump and thus reverses the metabolic crisis in the myofilaments and releases the trigger points. Shockwave also increases blood flow to muscles to allow for relaxation and release of trigger points.
What Conditions Can Be Treated?
Shockwave Therapy can be used to treat a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions, in particular, those involving areas where major connective tissue attaches to bone. Common sites that can be successfully treated are:
What are the benefits of Softwave therapy?
Softwave therapy has been known to:
- Quickly reduces pain (faster than ultrasound, laser, radial, etc)
- No medication is needed
- May avoid surgery
- No negative side effects
- No risk of allergies
- Accelerates healing
- Effective for chronic conditions
- Unlike other shockwave devices Softwave is a comfortable treatment that is adjusted to whatever level you tolerate well
What to expect for a Softwave therapy treatment
Softwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment. The application is simple and easy. Initiate therapy in 3 steps:
- Location of the area to be treated – The area to be treated is located by applying the shockwave applicator on the area of the body effected and finding relevant pain points to treat.
- Gel application – Sufficient amount of gel is applied to the area located in step 1. Use of gel is necessary to transfer the energy efficiently and smoothly into the body.
- Therapy initiation – The applicator is turned on and a light tapping is felt at the skin surface. As the area is inspected with the applicator the patient is continuously giving feedback to the practitioner about what they are feeling. Together the patient and the practitioner find the right area and most optimal level to obtain pain relief. Unlike our Softwave device OTHER shockwave devices i.e. radial devices, EPAT, focused shockwave can be signficantly uncomfortable and can cause bruising. We chose Softwave because it’s effective and very comfortable for our patients.
If you are in Wauwatosa, WI suffering from pain from an acute or chronic pain and would like to see if you are a candidate for shockwave therapy, contact New You Health and Wellness to schedule an appointment and find relief today.
Your Next Steps…
Request An Appointment
Receive A Custom Treatment Plan
Work Hard and Progress In Your Recovery
Recover & Enjoy Life Pain-Free!